Tech Hitting the M&A Trail
"In the past, we pretty much tried to restrict ourselves to partnerships, but now we're more open to M&A," he said. "We have got a lot more confidence [in that area] with our successful acquisition and integration of EqualLogic."
Dell will use a combination of acquisition, partnership, and organic growth to boost its storage business, added the executive. While refusing to divulge his firm's acquisition strategy, Asthana's comments indicate plenty more M&A on the tech horizon.
-- Reported by James Rogers in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV