Consolidated Communications Shares Decline
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Shares of telecommunications-service provider Consolidated Communications Holdings Inc. fell Monday after a Raymond James analyst downgraded shares to "Market Perform" from "Outperform," citing a recent increase in the stock's value.
The company's shares fell 62 cents, or 3.6 percent, to $16.68.
In a client note, Raymond James analyst Frank G. Louthan IV said the company's shares have risen "significantly" in the past few weeks and are up 53 percent year-to-date ¿ much higher than the average increase of its peers' shares.
"With the stock up 53 percent year-to-date, compared to the market up 19 percent, we do not expect similar levels of outperformance going forward," he said.Louthan said that Consolidated Communications' plans for IPTV, or Internet protocol television ¿ a technology that can deliver television content over the Internet ¿ and the possibility that it will be involved in some energy-related projects will help its sales over time. The near-term benefit from these initiatives to the company is already factored into the share price, though, he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV