Tandy Brands Accessories Announces New Credit Line
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) ¿ Tandy Brands Accessories Inc., which makes accessories such as wallets and belts, said Monday it has amended its line of credit with Comerica Bank.
The Arlington, Texas-based company said the new agreement provides financing of up to $27.5 million, with a term of 18 months, running through April 2011. The interest rate is about 1 percent below the previous line of credit, the company said.
The new financing will help the company meet its near-term seasonal cash requirements and provide long-term stability, said CEO Rod McGeachy.
"Finalizing this long-term financing is an important achievement as we continue to stabilize our operating platform and markedly improve our financial position, cash cycle and liquidity," he said.The improved terms signals the financial community's trust in company management and acknowledges Tandy's improved financial and operating performance, he said. In August, the company reported a narrower fourth-quarter loss of $2.5 million, or 36 cents per share, compared with a loss of $4.7 million, or 67 cents per share, the year before. Its annual loss narrowed to $15.1 million, or $2.18 per share, compared with a loss of $49.3 million for the fiscal year 2008 year. Revenue fell 14 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV