Kimberly-Clark to buy I-Flow in $276M deal
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Kimberly-Clark Corp. said Friday that it will add higher-margin medical devices to its health care unit by purchasing health care company I-Flow Corp. in a cash deal valued at approximately $276 million excluding acquired cash and cash equivalents.
Kimberly-Clark, maker of Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, will start a tender offer to buy all of Lake Forest, Calif.-based I-Flow's outstanding stock at $12.65 per share, or about $324 million. The per share price represents an 8 percent premium to I-Flow's Thursday closing price of $11.76.
The planned acquisition follows a Monday announcement by Kimberly-Clark in which the Dallas-based company said it bought Baylis Medical Co.'s pain management business for an undisclosed sum.___ USA Today to post 17 percent drop in circulation NEW YORK (AP) ¿ USA Today expects to report the largest decline in circulation in its 27-year history, threatening its No. 1 position among U.S. dailies as the growth of online news and the slump in travel pummel the newspaper.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV