Kimberly-Clark to buy I-Flow in $276M deal
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Kimberly-Clark Corp. said Friday that it will add higher-margin medical devices to its health care unit by purchasing health care company I-Flow Corp. in a cash deal valued at approximately $276 million excluding acquired cash and cash equivalents.
Kimberly-Clark, maker of Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, will start a tender offer to buy all of Lake Forest, Calif.-based I-Flow's outstanding stock at $12.65 per share, or about $324 million. The per share price represents an 8 percent premium to I-Flow's Thursday closing price of $11.76.
The planned acquisition follows a Monday announcement by Kimberly-Clark in which the Dallas-based company said it bought Baylis Medical Co.'s pain management business for an undisclosed sum.___ USA Today to post 17 percent drop in circulation NEW YORK (AP) ¿ USA Today expects to report the largest decline in circulation in its 27-year history, threatening its No. 1 position among U.S. dailies as the growth of online news and the slump in travel pummel the newspaper.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV