Cantel Medical 4Q Profit Surges On Face Mask Sales
LITTLE FALLS, N.J. (AP) ¿ Infection-prevention products maker Cantel Medical Corp. said Friday its fiscal 2009 fourth-quarter profit grew 65 percent on higher sales of disinfectants, sterilants and face masks amid the swine flu outbreak.
Cantel reported net income of $4.3 million, or 26 cents per share, for the three months ended July 31, up from prior year profit of $2.6 million, or 16 cents per share. Revenue rose 4 percent to $66.8 million from $64.3 million.
The company said its results were boosted by improved sales of its face masks amid the outbreak of swine flu ¿ known as the H1N1 virus. The global swine flu epidemic first emerged in April, sickening more than 1 million Americans and killing about 500.
Cantel is one of the largest United States based manufacturers of FDA-cleared face masks.For the full year, the company's profit increased 79 percent to $15.6 million, or 94 cents per share, from $8.7 million, or 53 cents per share, during fiscal 2008. Revenue rose to $260.1 million from $249.4 million. Cantel shares fell 71 cents, or 4 percent, to $17.26 in afternoon trading. The stock has traded between $7.10 and $18.50 over the last 52 weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV