AerCap Holdings Issues Fleet Update
The Associated Press
Dutch aircraft leasing company AerCap Holdings NV on Friday outlined several of its aircraft transactions from the third quarter.
Airlines have been shrinking, reducing demand for planes and cutting the price of the ones that do sell.
"The coming winter will remain challenging for the entire aviation industry," AerCap CEO Klaus Heinemann said. "Still, there are currently no indications that the situation will deteriorate beyond last winter's challenges, which were managed well by AerCap and most of our competitors."In its report Friday, the company said it: ¿ Signed new lease agreements for six planes: four new Airbus A320s for Denver-based Frontier Airlines, and two new A319s for Adria Airways of Slovenia; ¿ Signed a letter of intent to buy 13 planes from GECAS, the leasing arm of General Electric. Those included two A320s acquired during the quarter. ¿ Bought one A320 and two new A330s under existing commitments with Airbus, as well as one new Boeing 737-800. ¿ Delivered a total of eight planes and 14 engines under lease. AerCap said it had a total of 304 aircraft either owned, on order, managed, or under contract or letter of intent. AerCap shares rose 6 cents to $8.94 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV