Kimberly-Clark To Buy I-Flow In $276M Deal
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Kimberly-Clark Corp. said Friday that it will add higher-margin medical devices to its health care unit by purchasing health care company I-Flow Corp. in a cash deal valued at approximately $276 million excluding acquired cash and cash equivalents.
Kimberly-Clark, maker of Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, will start a tender offer to buy all of Lake Forest, Calif.-based I-Flow's outstanding stock at $12.65 per share, or about $324 million. The per share price represents an 8 percent premium to I-Flow's Thursday closing price of $11.76.
"I-Flow will increase our medical device sales by more than 50 percent, add an innovative and successful technology to our growing portfolio of pain management and surgical solution products, and strengthen the depth and breadth of our sales force," Joanne Bauer, president of Kimberly-Clark Health Care, said in a statement.
The planned acquisition follows a Monday announcement by Kimberly-Clark in which the Dallas-based company said it bought Baylis Medical Co.'s pain management business for an undisclosed sum. The Baylis acquisition is being looked at as a way for Kimberly-Clark to boost its standing in the chronic spinal pain management market. Kimberly-Clark's health care division ¿ which provides products and educational resources to help prevent, diagnose and manage various healthcare-related infections ¿ has exclusively distributed Baylis Medical's pain management products in the U.S. since 2001.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV