Earnings Roundup: Levi Strauss, Bassett Furniture
Among the earnings stories for Thursday, Oct. 8, from AP Financial News:
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Levi Strauss & Co. said that its profit fell 41 percent due to the impact of a stronger dollar and slower sales.
BASSETT, Va. (AP) ¿ Furniture maker Bassett Furniture Industries Inc. said it lost $3.4 million in its fiscal third quarter, widening a year-earlier loss, as slumping demand pinched results.
CHICAGO (AP) ¿ Vacationers helped Marriott International Inc. post a better profit for the third quarter than the hotel owner and operator had forecast.MILWAUKEE (AP) ¿ Bearing in mind that consumers will remain focused on low prices even when the recession ends, soft drink and snack maker PepsiCo Inc. said that it's creating new products at lower prices and plans to continue offering discounts in its Frito-Lay and beverage businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV