"We have seen a lot of alliances develop [but] whenever there's an alliance, there's also alienation," he said. "H-P buys EDS, Dell (DELL) buys Perot (PER); what does that mean for Accenture (ACN), CSC (CSC) and Wipro (WIT)?"
Firms like Accenture and CSC were already reluctant to recommend IBM (IBM) because of competition from its Global Services division, so the EDS deal casts H-P in the same light, according to Georgens. "These companies are coming to NetApp," he said.
-- Reported by James Rogers in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV