ScanSource Shares Jump After Strong 1Q Outlook
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of ScanSource Inc. advanced Thursday after the distributor of bar-code scanners and other electronics gave a better-than-expected revenue outlook for the fiscal first quarter.
The Greenville, S.C.-based company's shares rose $1.33, or 4.5 percent, to $30.87 in midday trading. Earlier, the stock hit a 52-week high of $32.40.
ScanSource expects to post sales of $480 million to $488 million for the quarter ended Sept. 30. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters are expecting, on average, sales of $474.1 million. The company's earlier outlook was for sales between $445 million and $465 million.
KeyBanc Capital Markets analyst Anthony Kure, who rates ScanSource "Hold," said the higher revenue outlook implies higher earnings per share for the quarter and for the full year."Despite the positive revenue revision, we still think the shares are fairly valued at this point given the stock's recent performance," the analyst wrote in a note to investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV