ScanSource Shares Jump After Strong 1Q Outlook
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of ScanSource Inc. advanced Thursday after the distributor of bar-code scanners and other electronics gave a better-than-expected revenue outlook for the fiscal first quarter.
The Greenville, S.C.-based company's shares rose $1.33, or 4.5 percent, to $30.87 in midday trading. Earlier, the stock hit a 52-week high of $32.40.
ScanSource expects to post sales of $480 million to $488 million for the quarter ended Sept. 30. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters are expecting, on average, sales of $474.1 million. The company's earlier outlook was for sales between $445 million and $465 million.
KeyBanc Capital Markets analyst Anthony Kure, who rates ScanSource "Hold," said the higher revenue outlook implies higher earnings per share for the quarter and for the full year."Despite the positive revenue revision, we still think the shares are fairly valued at this point given the stock's recent performance," the analyst wrote in a note to investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV