NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- "There's a lot of nonsense on Wall Street," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
Case in point: today's retail sales numbers, which were widely reported as painting a "mixed picture" for retailers, he said."This wasn't a mixed picture," argued Cramer, "it was a grand slam!" He said that among the 13 retailers he follows closely, all reported numbers that were better, not worse, than expected. Everything from the high end, like Coach (COH), to the low end, like Ross Stores (ROST) were right on the money, said Cramer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV