Spartan Motors Names VP To Lead Subsidiary
MARION, S.C. (AP) ¿ Road Rescue Inc., a subsidiary of Spartan Motors Inc. that designs and manufactures custom ambulances and emergency-rescue vehicles, said Thursday that David L. Reid was appointed to lead the business' day-to-day operations.
Reid, a vice president at Spartan Motors, has more than 30 years of leadership experience and will be in charge of Road Rescue, as well as its sister company fire equipment manufacturer Crimson Fire Inc.
Before joining Spartan Motors, Reid spent more than 20 years at furniture maker Herman Miller Inc. where he served as senior vice president and general manager of its health care furniture subsidiary Milcare Inc.
Road Rescue also said Thursday that it has received additional capital investment from its parent company.As part of an initiative launched six months ago, Spartan Motors has made capital investments in facilities and equipment to strengthen the Marion, S.C.-based business. The company is also investing in the development of new Road Rescue products that will be introduced in the coming quarters. Improvements at Road Rescue's Marion facility include the construction of a new customer inspection facility, the addition of equipment that streamlines the engineering and manufacturing processes and lighting upgrades. Spartan Motors shares rose 11 cents, or 2.2 percent, to $5.22 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV