NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The market is looking good at the start. A better-than-expected jobless claims report and strong monthly retail sales figures from various companies are helping lift sentiment. Here are some of the early highlights to check out.
Alcoa (AA): Stock is higher following company's Q3 results.
Aeropostale (ARO): Shares are higher on strong September sales and raised guidance.
Barnes & Noble (BKS): Stock is flat as company raises guidance.J.C. Penney (JCP): Shares ares slightly lower despite company raising guidance. Marriott International (MAR): Shares are lower following company's third-quarter results. Pepsico (PEP): Stock is slightly higher after company reports earnings. Ross Stores (ROST): Shares are higher after company raises third-quarter guidance. Target (TGT): Shares are slightly lower despite company seeing estimates above views. TJX Companies (TJX): Stock is higher after company raises guidance.
Upgrades to WatchArch Coal (ACI): Goldman Sachs raises price target to $24. Alpha Natural Resources (ANR): Goldman Sachs raises price target to $50. Ansys (ANSS): Deutsche Bank raises stock to a buy. $45 price target. Peabody Energy (BTU): Goldman Sachs raises price target to $50. Clorox (CLX): Deutsche Bank raises stock to a buy. $66 price target. Consol Energy (CNX): Goldman Sachs raises price target to $54. ConocoPhillips (COP): Morgan Stanley raises estimates. $55 price target. California Pizza Kitchen (CPKI): KeyBanc raises stock to a buy. $18 price target. Costco (COST): Janney Montgomery Scott raises estimates. $65 price target. eBay (EBAY): Kaufman Bros. raise stock to a buy. $29 price target. Equinix (EQIX): Piper Jaffray raises estimates. $108 price target. Gardner Denver (GDI): KeyBanc raises stock to a buy. $42 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV