Ahead Of The Bell: Adobe Upgraded
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Predicting an earnings recovery in the second half of next year and following an upbeat analyst meeting, a Robert W. Baird analyst upgraded Adobe Systems Inc. on Thursday.
Steven M. Ashley raised his rating to "Outperform" from "Neutral," and boosted his target price on Adobe's shares to $40 from $35. He expects the software maker's earnings to recover thanks to the release of Creative Suite 5 next year.
The Creative Suite software package brings in the bulk of Adobe's revenue. Aimed at professional designers and developers, it includes Photoshop, Flash and Web design software Dreamweaver, among other applications. The most recent version was launched last fall, in the midst of the economic turmoil that dampened demand for it. Analysts generally expect this pent-up demand to drive sales of Creative Suite 5 higher.
Ashley also expects Adobe's acquisition of Omniture Inc. to close as expected and provide a longtime benefit to the San Jose, Calif.-based company.Adobe shares rose 65 cents, or 2 percent, to $33.91 in premarket trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV