Fisher Communications Starts Hyper-local Sites
SEATTLE (AP) ¿ Fisher Communications Inc. said Wednesday it has set up 38 neighborhood news Web sites in the Portland and Eugene, Ore., areas.
The company, which operates radio and TV stations in Oregon, Seattle and Idaho, said the new "hyper-local" sites combine reporting from its stations with online Web templates from a company called DataSphere Technologies Inc.
The step is part of a broader move by traditional media to focus on their local markets and capture more advertising there as ad revenue migrates to the Web.
In a statement, Fisher CEO Colleen B. Brown said the new sites are aimed at providing "neighborhood information at a grassroots level while further enabling local businesses to efficiently reach their customers."Fisher shares rose 10 cents to $18.26 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV