FreeSeas Gets Spot Charters For 6 Handysize Ships
The Associated Press
Greek drybulk shipper FreeSeas Inc. on Wednesday announced new charters for six of its eight Handysize vessels.
The new charters run 30 to 65 days and are for its recently purchased Free Neptune, along with the Free Envoy, Free Hero, Free Maverick, Free Knight, and Free Impala.
CEO Ion Varouxakis said the company has seen continued increases in the spot market daily rates for its Handysize ships.Handysize carriers have a capacity of 15,000 to 35,000 tons. FreeSeas shares rose 4 cents, or 2.5 percent, to $1.67 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV