Versar said its U.S. Engineering and Construction Group was awarded six new contracts by the U.S. Air Force totaling over $5 million.
A week ago, Versar announced it was one of sixteen small businesses awarded a five-year, $3 billion contract by the Department of the Air Force's Center for Engineering and the Environment, or AFCEE.
Versar was falling 15 cents, or 3.5%, to $4.10. More than 60,000 shares changed hands by noon Wednesday, compared to the stock's three-month average daily volume of 44,000, according to Yahoo! Finance.Versar has a 6.8 million-share float with a short interest float of only 0.1% as of Aug. 11, according to Yahoo! Finance. Nearly 19% of the company's shares are held by insiders and another 33% is held by institutions. Investor posts on Internet message boards said that visibility has improved for Versar thanks to the new contracts. Other longer-term investors argued that a pullback now represents a better entry point. Read more about today's high-volume stocks like UCBH Holdings in earlier "Pump Up the Volume" posts. -- Written by Robert Holmes in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV