U.S. Bancorp is not saying how much it paid for the business but says the deal will strengthen its existing corporate bond trustee business in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
"This investment is indicative of U.S. Bank's commitment to the
The company's corporate trust division will have $2.4 trillion in assets under administration, 725,000 bondholders and more than 114,000 client issuances once the deal is complete, it said.U.S. Bancorp is probably most well known for its retail banking outfit primarily located in the Midwest. But the firm, with $266 billion in assets, is much more than a commercial bank. It also has a large payments services business, and provides wealth management services for individuals and corporations. The significant fee revenue that U.S. Bancorp earns from these businesses has helped it offset pain from the financial crisis. The company made significant headway in the expansion of its corporate trustee business in 2006. That year it bought the municipal and corporate bond trustee business of Southeast lender SunTrust Banks (STI) and the municipal trustee business of LaSalle Bank, which added a combined $153 billion of assets to its existing business. (The Midwestern bank, formerly a unit of ABN Amro, was eventually acquired by Bank of America (BAC).)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV