Regardless, some hold. Shulka, for one, says his investment in solar is based on a larger belief in solar technology. It also helps that he considers his investment "fun money" that he's more than willing to lose -- as opposed to, say, retirement funds. He'll still own something and have certain rights, even if the company goes to the pink sheets. There also may be lessons for his students if those shares actually do meet a delisting fate.
Indeed, what the deficiency warning means for the future of his investment is still unclear, as it is with most shareholders in a similar predicament. The company could be bought out. It could make a comeback. Nothing is necessarily preordained. It could get delisted and make its way back onto the NASDAQ at a later date.
Getting the delisting warning isn't cosmetic. It can't be completely dismissed. Still, the finance professor has seen few signs in his analysis that the stock is entirely doomed.
As he puts it: "My irrationality is perfectly rational."-- Written by Sung Moss in New York Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV