Cost Cutting Boosts Rocky Mountain 2Q Profit
DURANGO, Colo. (AP) ¿ Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Inc., a confectionery products maker, said Tuesday its fiscal second-quarter net income rose 6 percent, boosted by cost cutting.
Profit for the quarter ended Aug. 31 rose to $882,000, or 14 cents per share, from $833,000, or 14 cents per share, last year. There were about 6 million shares outstanding during the quarter compared to 5.98 million a year ago.
Revenue fell 3 percent to $6.1 million from $6.3 million last year. Sales at stores open at least one year, considered a key measure of a retailer's financial strength, fell 4.8 percent.
Total costs and expenses fell 5 percent to $4.7 million.Shares fell 8 cents to $8.94 during midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV