NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several small-cap stocks were poised to move on above-average volume during Tuesday's session
Extreme Networks (EXTR) tumbled by 38 cents, or 13.2%, to $2.49 in the premarket session after the company on late Monday said fiscal first-quarter net revenue is expected to be approximately $66 million, well below the Thomson Reuters consensus of $80.4 million. The three-month average daily volume for the stock is 403,000, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Allos Therapeutics (ALTH) fell by 25 cents, or 3.6%, to $6.63 in the premarket session after the company announced an 11-million share common stock offering with an option for underwriters to buy an additional 1.65 million shares. The sale of all 12.65 million shares would raise about $87 million, based on Monday's closing price. The three-month average daily volume for Allos is two million, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Ballard Power Systems (BLDP) jumped by 17 cents, or 7%, to $2.60 in the premarket session after the company late Monday announced the introduction of the first bus in British Columbia Transit's fleet of 20 hydrogen fuel cell buses. BC Transit's fleet will become the largest single deployment of zero-emission fuel cell buses worldwide and it is powered by Ballard's heavy-duty fuel cell module. The three-month average daily volume for Ballard is 319,000, according to Yahoo! Finance.Trident Microsystems (TRID) surged 27 cents, or 10.1%, to $2.95 in the premarket session. On Monday, the stock jumped on above-average volume after Trident said it will acquire the television and set-top box systems business of NXP Semiconductors. On Tuesday, Needham Financial upgraded the stock to buy from hold and offered a stock target price of $5. The three-month average daily volume for Trident is 1.2 million, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV