Waste Services Closes Buy Of 2 Miami Businesses
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Canadian garbage collection and recycling company Waste Services Inc. on Monday said it closed its purchases of the Miami-Dade operations and related assets of Republic Services Inc.
That transaction followed the closing on Sept. 1 of Waste Services' purchase of the Miami-Dade operations of DisposAll Inc. The combined purchase price of the two deals is $48 million.
Waste Services, based in Burlington, Ontario, said it will sell certain assets and facilities that are duplicative.
The company expects the acquisitions to add $28 million in annual revenue and 5 cents to 10 cents per share in profit through the addition of 25 net new routes. That will put the company near the top of its forecasted profit of 38 cents to 40 cents per share for the year, it said.Lightly traded Waste Services shares closed up 26 cents, or 5.6 percent, at $4.88.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV