Waste Services Closes Buy Of 2 Miami Businesses
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Canadian garbage collection and recycling company Waste Services Inc. on Monday said it closed its purchases of the Miami-Dade operations and related assets of Republic Services Inc.
That transaction followed the closing on Sept. 1 of Waste Services' purchase of the Miami-Dade operations of DisposAll Inc. The combined purchase price of the two deals is $48 million.
Waste Services, based in Burlington, Ontario, said it will sell certain assets and facilities that are duplicative.
The company expects the acquisitions to add $28 million in annual revenue and 5 cents to 10 cents per share in profit through the addition of 25 net new routes. That will put the company near the top of its forecasted profit of 38 cents to 40 cents per share for the year, it said.Lightly traded Waste Services shares closed up 26 cents, or 5.6 percent, at $4.88.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV