NetApp Climbs After Analyst Upgrades Stock
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Shares of NetApp Inc. rose Monday after an RBC Capital Markets analyst upgraded the data storage company's stock to "Outperform," saying checks indicate its revenue in the current quarter is higher than expected.
NetApp shares gained 98 cents, or 3.8 percent, to $26.87 in afternoon trading.
In a client note, RBC analyst Amit Daryanani raised his rating for the stock from "Sector Perform" and increased his price target to $33 from $26.
Daryanani said that better-than-expected revenue should mean that the company can beat estimates for the October quarter, which is its fiscal 2010 second quarter, and give guidance for a better-than-expected fiscal third quarter, too.Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect $861.8 million in revenue for the current quarter, on average, and $893.7 million for the next. Daryanani also said that the company may benefit from the impact of foreign exchange. "We view NTAP as an attractive way for mid/large cap investors to play the anticipated IT spending recovery in (the second half of 2009)," he said. The analyst added that he expects the company to "exude a positive business tone" during its analyst day in New York on Oct. 8.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV