In conclusion, the winning bids that brought the World Cup and Summer Olympics to Brazil will just add to an already-attractive nation. Here are some ways investors can play the Brazilian markets:
- iShares MSCI Brazil (EWZ), which is heavily concentrated in materials and financials and will likely benefit from infrastructure building. The ETF is up 112% from a $31.75 low in March to close at $67.30 on Friday.
iShares MSCI BRIC (BKF), which allocates nearly 31% of its assets to Brazil. The ETF closed at $40.86 on Friday from a March low of $20.47, an increase of 99.6%.
When investing in equities, it is imperative to keep in mind the inherent risks that are involved. To help mitigate these risks, an exit strategy is of utmost importance. According to the latest data from www.SmartStops.net, an upward trend in the previously mentioned equities may come to an end at the following price points: EWZ at $64.02 and BKF at $39.38. These price levels change on a daily basis and updated data can be accessed at www.SmartStops.net.-- Written By Kevin Grewal In Laguna Niguel, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV