In conclusion, the winning bids that brought the World Cup and Summer Olympics to Brazil will just add to an already-attractive nation. Here are some ways investors can play the Brazilian markets:
- iShares MSCI Brazil (EWZ), which is heavily concentrated in materials and financials and will likely benefit from infrastructure building. The ETF is up 112% from a $31.75 low in March to close at $67.30 on Friday.
iShares MSCI BRIC (BKF), which allocates nearly 31% of its assets to Brazil. The ETF closed at $40.86 on Friday from a March low of $20.47, an increase of 99.6%.
When investing in equities, it is imperative to keep in mind the inherent risks that are involved. To help mitigate these risks, an exit strategy is of utmost importance. According to the latest data from www.SmartStops.net, an upward trend in the previously mentioned equities may come to an end at the following price points: EWZ at $64.02 and BKF at $39.38. These price levels change on a daily basis and updated data can be accessed at www.SmartStops.net.-- Written By Kevin Grewal In Laguna Niguel, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV