Ahead Of The Bell: DTS Upgraded At Deutsche Bank
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ DTS Inc. is set for a period of "hyper-growth," a Deutsche Bank analyst said Monday, pointing out improving demand for Blu-ray DVD players.
Deutsche Bank analyst Brian Thackray said his checks with more than 500 retailers show Blu-ray technology is finally catching on as prices come down, a trend likely to boost sales for DTS. The Agoura Hills, Calif., company makes equipment for audio systems used in DVD players, computers and other electronics.
Thackray raised his rating on DTS to "Buy" from "Hold" and lifted his price target to $32 from $28.
In a note to investors, Thackray said the average cost of a low-end Blu-ray player is down 53 percent from the year before at about $130."Prices are now clearly in the sweet spot," he said. "Our work shows that demand increases significantly for Blu-ray players below $150 and we are starting to see the increased demand over the last few weeks." Shares of DTS closed Friday at $25.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV