SciClone Stops Trial Of Pancreatic Cancer Drug
FOSTER CITY, Calif. (AP) ¿ SciClone Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Friday it has stopped a trial of a late-stage pancreatic cancer drug candidate after analyzing data from the trial.
A data safety monitoring committee recommended the trial of RP101 be stopped, SciClone said. The company will evaluate data from the study.
In aftermarket trading, shares of the biotech drugmaker lost 48 cents, or 11.6 percent, to $3.67. The stock closed at $4.15 in the regular session.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV