Cross Country Healthcare Rises Following Upgrade
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Cross Country Healthcare Inc. rose Friday after an analyst upgraded the health care staffing services provider, saying he sees signs of improvement in the industry.
In afternoon trading, the stock gained 99 cents, or 11 percent, to $9.85.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analyst Tobey Sommer said he believes demand for registered and temporary nurses is improving.
"The horrific temp nurse volume declines in first-half 2009 have stabilized," he said in a note to clients. He also said the flu season could leave hospitals needing more staffers, and health care stimulus funds could provide a lift to Cross Country's clinical trials business in 2010 and 2011.Sommer raised his rating on the stock to "Buy" from "Neutral." He kept a price target of $13 per share, which would be close to an annual high for the Boca Raton, Fla., company's shares. The stock has sunk about 42 percent in the past year, and last traded at $13 on Oct. 14, 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV