Resources Connection Posts 1Q Loss; Shares Fall
Resources Connection said its effective tax rate in the quarter was a benefit of 19.4 percent, compared with a provision of 43.5 percent for the same quarter last year. For both periods, the accounting for costs associated with incentive stock options and shares purchased through its employee stock purchase plan has caused volatility in its effective tax rate, the company said.
Stifel Nicolaus analyst James J. Janesky raised his fiscal 2011 revenue estimate based on gradual improvement due to year-end work and other factors. He also lifted his full-year profit estimate to 14 cents per share from 10 cents per share.
Janesky maintained a "Hold" rating on the Irvine, Calif.-based company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV