Movers Roundup: Polycom, Nvidia
Among the stock activity stories for Thursday, Oct. 1, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Polycom Inc. shares fell as Cisco Systems Inc. ramped up competition in the video-conferencing market with its $3 billion acquisition of Norway's Tandberg ASA.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Nvidia Corp. fell after a JPMorgan analyst downgraded the chipmaker, saying sales in its chipset business may suffer.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) ¿ Shares of ethanol producer BioFuel Energy Corp. jumped 62 percent after the Denver-based company announced it has settled some outstanding issues with its lenders.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. fell after the company forecast a wider 2009 loss while raising $155 million through new debt and the sale of milestone payment rights for the hepatitis C drug candidate telaprevir.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV