Key Technology Cuts 7 Percent Of Workforce
WALLA WALLA, Wash. (AP) ¿ Key Technology Inc., which makes automation systems for food processing, said Wednesday it will cut 7 percent of its staff, or about 40 jobs, in an effort to control costs.
Before the cuts the company employed about 565 staffers worldwide. Key Technology said the move will better position it to make its objectives for fiscal 2010. It will take a related $875,000 charge in the fourth quarter.
Key Technology will also book a $225,000 charge for not exercising its option to buy an additional 85 percent stake in Proditec SAS, after taking a 15 percent minority interest in March.
CEO David Camp said it wasn't the right time to exercise the purchase option, adding that the company will focus on its current line of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products.The company said it received $8.2 million in orders from a North American vegetable processor which are expected to ship in fiscal 2010, which ended Wednesday. It expects orders and ending backlog for the fiscal fourth quarter of 2009 will total about $31 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV