The $8 billion fund, run by Boston-based Fidelity Investments, returned 27.4%, beating the 24% advance of the Russell Midcap Value Index. The $6.3 billion DFA U.S. Small Cap Value Portfolio (DFSVX) ranked No. 2, rising 26.8%. Our list excludes index and sector funds.
Shares of medium-sized companies outperformed large-cap stocks during the third quarter. The S&P 500 Index and Dow Jones Industrial Average each gained 16%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV