BioFuel Energy Shares Jump 62 Percent
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) ¿ Shares of ethanol producer BioFuel Energy Corp. jumped 62 percent Thursday after the Denver-based company announced it has settled some outstanding issues with its lenders.
Shares gained 42 cents to $1.10 in afternoon trading.
BioFuel Energy said its operating subsidiaries amended their credit agreement with BNP Paribas and a group of lenders, settling all outstanding issues and lifting all defaults.
The subsidiaries, which own and operate two 115-million-gallon plants in Wood River, Neb., and Fairmont, Minn., have converted their outstanding construction loans into term loans that mature in 2014. They made their first principal payment of $3.2 million to the lenders, leaving a principal of $195.4 million."With our bank financing issues behind us, we look forward to refocusing on our plant optimization initiatives that are currently underway," Scott H. Pearce, BioFuel Energy's president and chief executive, said in a statement. The company last month received a delisting warning from the Nasdaq for its shares repeatedly falling under $1.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV