Aehr Test Systems 1Q Profit Rises On One-time Gain
FREMONT, Calif. (AP) ¿ Aehr Test Systems, a maker of memory chip testing equipment, said Wednesday that its first-quarter profit rose 11 percent as it recorded a huge gain from the sale of a bankruptcy claim.
The one-time gain offset a steep drop in sales.
Aehr netted $3.3 million from selling part of a claim it held against its customer, flash memory drive-maker Spansion Inc. Spansion filed for Chapter 11 protection in March.
Fremont-based Aehr earned $961,000, or 11 cents per share, in the three months that ended Aug. 31. That is up from the $865,000, or 10 cents per share, it earned a year earlier.The company's revenue fell 87 percent to $1.3 million from $9.7 million. CEO Rhea Posedel said the company was suffering from weak capital spending trends in the semiconductor industry. It has cut costs to deal with the downturn. Aehr shares fell 4 cents to $1.31 on Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV