Verizon to Unveil Motorola Android Phone
On Tuesday, T-Mobile said that the Cliq would be available in stores in November for $199 with a two-year contract. Industry watchers were a little surprised at the price, which was expected to be closer to the $99 to $149 range.
With the HTC MyTouch at T-Mobile and upcoming HTC Hero at Sprint (S), there will be at least four Android phones in the market for the big gift buying season.
Motorola has demonstrated a deft hand in design with the Razr phone earlier this decade, but it's fortunes collapsed when the company failed to come up with a successor. Motorola's turnaround plans are riding on the success or failure of Google's Android phone software. The new Android lineup is arguably Motorola's last best shot to pull its phone division out of the red ink.
Verizon just hopes the new Google phone help ease its customers' case of iPhone envy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV