European Stocks Trade Sideways
Economic Moves: The economic calendar is loaded with important reports during the U.S. session. At 8:15 a.m. EDT investors will get the ADP Non-Farm Employment report. Investors might use the ADP numbers to gauge Friday's nonfarm payrolls report, which usually has a very strong effect in the global markets. The last three ADP reports came in worse than expected. At 08:30 a.m., the monthly Canadian gross domestic product report may show that the economy expanded 0.4% in July, the most in almost a year.
Crude oil for October delivery was recently trading at $67.40 a barrel, up 70 cents. Crude oil continues struggling to break above the $67.50 area, where it topped since the beginning of the week. A break above this level can only come on positive S&P futures and on a market able to sell the dollar. At 10:30 a.m., the market will get the crude oil inventories report.
Gold for October delivery was recently trading up by $7 to $1.001.50. Gold managed to break above the $1,000 area for the first time in almost a weak. The breakout came during the European session, as the precious metal gathered additional momentum.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV