Silicon Storage Raises 3Q Forecast
SUNNYVALE, Calif. (AP) ¿ Silicon Storage Technology Inc., which makes flash-memory cards, raised its third-quarter earnings and revenue forecast on Tuesday, helped by improving sales and lower-than-expected costs.
The company said it now expects revenue between $69 million and $71 million, up from an estimate of $61 million to $68 million issued in July. It said earnings should now range from break-even to 3 cents per share, instead of a net loss of 7 cents to 3 cents per share.
Silicon Storage shares gained as much as 12 percent in premarket trading. Its shares recently changed hands at $2.66, up 16 cents, or 6.4 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV