Moody's To Review GenTek's Ratings
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Moody's Investors Service on Monday placed the ratings of GenTek Inc. on review for possible downgrade after the maker of chemical products and engine components said it had agreed to be bought by a subsidiary of private-equity firm American Securities LLC.
Parsippany, N.J.-based GenTek said shareholders will receive $38 per share. That represents a 41 percent premium over GenTek's closing price of $27 on Friday, the last trading day before the agreement was signed.
The companies said the transaction was valued at $673 million, which includes $411 million in equity value and $262 million in debt and other liabilities.
Moody's said the review covers about $212 million of long-term debt. The review includes the company's family rating of "B1," its probability of default rating of "B1" and senior secured bank credit facility of "Ba3." Moody's changed the outlook for the company to under review from stable.Moody's said it believes the deal would activate a change in GenTek's credit facilities that may trigger a possible refinancing. GenTek shares jumped $10.76, or 40 percent, to close Monday at $37.76 on the acquisition announcement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV