SmartHeat Shares Rise On "Outperform" Rating
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of SmartHeat Inc., which sells energy savings technology and products, rose Monday after an analyst initiated coverage of the Chinese company with an "Outperform" rating.
BMO Capital Markets analyst Charles Brady, who also set a $15 price target on the stock, said the company "has established a solid reputation as a seller of plate heat exchangers in China's rapidly growing industrial, residential, and commercial markets."
He said sales should benefit from government incentives and mandates aimed at improving energy efficiency in China.
"We expect healthy earnings growth through at least 2011, as investment in new buildings in China has not shown signs of slowing, Brady said.The analyst estimates 2009 revenue of $80 million and earnings per share at 60 cents. In afternoon trading, shares jumped 85 cents, or 7.3 percent, to $12.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV