Sector Snap: Recreational Vehicles Shipments Climb
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Monthly wholesale shipments of recreational vehicles rose in August for the first time in nearly two years, a trade group said Monday as shares of companies that make such products climbed.
The Recreational Vehicle Industry Association said overall wholesale shipments of recreational vehicles last month increased 5.3 percent over August 2008 ¿ the first monthly increase since October 2007.
The improvement stemmed from a 9.9-percent gain in the number of towable recreational vehicles that were shipped, the industry group reported.
Janney Montgomery Scott analyst John T.G. Rogers said the sector appears poised for steady growth."We continue to believe consumer tastes, demographics, and the economics of RV ownership will support continued growth over the long term," he wrote in a client note. Rogers said White Plains, N.Y.-based Drew Industries Inc., which makes parts for recreational vehicles, will be a major beneficiary of the sector's return to growth. "Management has done an excellent job of managing costs during the downturn, and with its strong balance sheet and adequate access to capital, Drew is well positioned to capitalize on competition weakness," the analyst said, reiterating his "Neutral" rating on the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV