GenTek Shares up 40% After Buyout News
PARSIPPANY, N.J. ( TheStreet) -- GenTek (GETI) shares were rocketing nearly 40% in Monday trading following news that a unit of private equity shop American Securities was bringing GenTek into its fold.
In a Monday morning press release, GenTek -- a New Jersey-based maker of chemical products and auto parts -- said it agreed to go private for around $411 million. The American Securities subsidiary will pay $38 per share in a tender offer for GenTek's common stock, which is a near 41% premium over Friday's closing price of $27.
After the release, shares added $10.70 at $37.70 in the morning.
The total transaction is being valued at $673 million, which includes the assumption of some $262 million in debt.-- Written by Sung Moss in New York Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV