Dion's Weekly ETF Winners and Losers
iShares Cohen & Steers Realty Majors (ICF) -6.8%
REITs were down across the board. A list of the worst performers this past week is dominated by REITs at the bottom. Retail shares had the worst showing.
Even without their internal problems, REITs were leaders in the late-summer rally, and that's reason enough for them to lead the sell-off.
iPath Crude Oil Total Return (OIL) -8.8%PowerShares DB Oil (DBO) -7.6% United States Oil (USO) -8.4% Oil tanked this week on higher inventory. The gap between crude oil inventory expectations and reality was about 5 million barrels, as inventories climbed more than 2 million barrels. Gasoline inventories rose by more than 5 million barrels, to a level well above the start of driving season this year. iShares Mexico (EWW) -5.3% American Movil (AMX) and Cemex (CX) both fell about 5% last week, and they combine for 30% of EWW's assets (25% for AMX and 5% for CX). Cemex sold $1.8 billion worth of shares this week. The stock fell ahead of the news and then recovered.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV