Northwest Pipe Reopening Idled Plant In Louisiana
BOSSIER CITY, La. (AP) ¿ Northwest Pipe Co., which manufactures welded pipe, said Thursday that it will reopen its Bossier City plant that has been idle for three years.
A retooled 140,000-square-foot plant, expected to open in 2010, will create up to 120 jobs at an average salary of $39,000, plus benefits, according to company and state economic development officials.
The company will use the plant to manufacture tubular products and pipe for the petroleum industry.
Although the plant was closed three years ago because of changing market conditions, Northwest said Thursday that the Bossier City site gives it a chance now to strengthen its competitive presence in the energy business."Bossier City is ideally located to serve our energy pipe customers," said Northwest Pipe chief executive Brian Dunham. "Based upon their market demand, we hope to recommission the plant by mid-2010. We are committed to the energy pipe business, and we believe in Bossier City as an excellent manufacturing location." After crashing to near $30 per barrel last year, oil prices have rebounded somewhat from 2008 record highs near $150 per barrel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV