Fairfax Begins Tender Offer For Odyssey Re
TORONTO, Canada (AP) ¿ Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. said Thursday it has started a tender offer the buy the shares of Odyssey Re that it does not already own.
The offer is for $65 per share in cash.
Fairfax, a Canadian holding company that owns insurance companies and investment managers, announced the deal with Odyssey Re on Sept. 18. Odyssey Re's board has approved it.
Stamford, Conn.-based Odyssey Re sells property and casualty reinsurance products from offices around the world.The offer deadline is midnight EDT on Oct. 21. Once the tender offer is completed, Fairfax intends to offer to buy any shares that were not tendered at the same price per share. Fairfax shares fell $6.67 to $367.33 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV