Fairfax Begins Tender Offer For Odyssey Re
TORONTO, Canada (AP) ¿ Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. said Thursday it has started a tender offer the buy the shares of Odyssey Re that it does not already own.
The offer is for $65 per share in cash.
Fairfax, a Canadian holding company that owns insurance companies and investment managers, announced the deal with Odyssey Re on Sept. 18. Odyssey Re's board has approved it.
Stamford, Conn.-based Odyssey Re sells property and casualty reinsurance products from offices around the world.The offer deadline is midnight EDT on Oct. 21. Once the tender offer is completed, Fairfax intends to offer to buy any shares that were not tendered at the same price per share. Fairfax shares fell $6.67 to $367.33 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV