Julian Geiger said on Thursday that he will resign from the position by the end of the fiscal year, but still plans to serve as chairman.
He will be replaced by Mindy Meads and Thomas Johnson, who will serve as co-chief executive officers.
Meads has served as president and chief merchandising manager since March 2007 and Johnson has held several positions at the company, including executive vice president and chief operation officer, since 2001.Geiger has served as the company's CEO since 1996. Under Geiger's guidance, Aeropostale has been able to beat out competitors like American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) and Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) by offering trendy merchandise at wallet-friendly prices. -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV