Dell's Next M&A Target
Toni Sacconaghi, senior research analyst at Sanford Bernstein, agrees that Dell is likely to shift its focus onto enterprises.
"I think where Dell wants to move is another hot hardware category like storage," he told CNBC's Fast Money. Like Noland, Sacconaghi sees CommVault as a likely target, along with Compellent (CML), underlinging the firm's desire to transition from low-margin PCs.
Sacconaghi also listed Customer Relationship Management (CRM) specialist Salesforce.com (CRM) as potential M&A bait, which would certainly boost the firm's services business.Shares of CommVault closed down $1.45, or 6.76%, at $19.99 Monday as investors responded to Dell's Perot deal. CommVault, however, is not the only firm with de-duplication in its armory, and virtual tape library specialist FalconStor (FALC) could also be a potential target, along with Quantum (QTM) and privately-held Sepaton. -- Written by James Rogers in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV