Volkswagen To Sponsor Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics
SOCHI, Russia (AP) ¿ Volkswagen became a sponsor of the 2014 Winter Olympics on Friday in a deal that Sochi organizers said brings total sponsorship revenues to more than $750 million.
Sochi organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko signed the agreement with Dietmar Korzekwa, director general of Volkswagen Group Rus, in the Black Sea resort city.
Volkswagen will provide the organizing committee with about 3,000 vehicles for use during preparations for the Olympics and the games themselves. Most of the vehicles will be produced in the Volkswagen factory in Russia's Kaluga region, southwest of Moscow.
"The support of the Olympic Games in Sochi will help us to demonstrate our automotive competence and the strong connection with Russia and our Russian consumers," Korzekwa said in a statement.Volkswagen was the official automobile partner of the 2008 Summer Games in Beijing. Financial terms were not given, but Sochi organizers have said previous deals with top-tier domestic sponsors were worth more than $100 million. Volkswagen is the sixth "tier one" sponsor signed by Sochi organizers. The others are Aeroflot, telecommunication firms Rostelecom and Megafon, oil and gas company Rosneft and lender Sberbank.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV