Unifi Raises 1st-quarter Outlook
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) ¿ Unifi Inc., which makes polyester yarn, on Thursday said volume is improving domestically and in Brazil and raised its fiscal first-quarter guidance.
The company now expects adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization to be between $13 million to $14 million, up from an earlier estimate of $9 million to $11 million issued in July.
"Business conditions in our key segments have been better than anticipated, resulting in improved demand levels across the supply chain," said CEO Bill Jasper in a statement. The company's first quarter ended Sept. 27.
However, due to the weak economy, the company left its adjusted Ebitda guidance for fiscal year 2010 unchanged, at $40 million to $50 million, though it said it expects results to be at the high end of that range.Unifi shares gained 28 cents, or 9.2 percent, to $3.34 in morning trading on Friday. It closed at $3.06 on Thursday, before the company updated its guidance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV