Ahead Of The Bell: JBT Downgraded
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ Despite excellent prospects for its business, shares of John Bean Technologies Corp. are only fairly valued, an analyst said Friday as he downgraded the manufacturer of airport and food-processing equipment.
Analyst Liam D. Burke of Janney Montgomery Scott downgraded the Chicago company to "Neutral" from "Buy."
The company is well positioned to take advantage of long-term growth trends of airline passenger traffic and air cargo shipments, he said in a note to clients. And the company has a steady stream of revenue to offset slower equipment sales.
"Although we are looking at an uncertain economic environment, the company's market diversification, without a heavy weighting of revenue in one geographic market, is, in our view, an important factor in its positioning for an economic recovery," he said.Even with an uncertain outlook for the rest of the year, JBT should be able to deliver high returns on investment and strong free cash flow, Burke said. He values the company at $18.50 per share. Shares closed at $18.49 Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV