Meridian Allowed To Market Flu Test For Swine Flu
HOUSTON (AP) ¿ Meridian Bioscience Inc. said Thursday the Food and Drug Administration will allow the company to market its seasonal influenza test as a potential detector of two strains of swine flu.
The FDA granted the company special clearance to update the packaging of its TRU FLU kit to include claims that it is sensitive to two strains of swine flu.
The company said the ability of the test kit to actually detect the two strains has not been established. TRU FLU is approved to detect seasonal flu.
Shares of Meridian fell 44 cents to $25 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV