Progress Energy Elects Patriot CEO Baker To Board
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) ¿ Progress Energy said Thursday that John D. Baker II, president and CEO of Patriot Transportation Holding Inc., was elected to the utility's board of directors.
Baker also serves on the boards of Patriot Transportation Holding, a trucking and real estate holding company, and Wells Fargo & Co., according to Progress Energy. He is a past chairman of the Florida Concrete and Products Association.
Baker was president and CEO of Florida Rock Industries from 1997 to 2007
Shares of Progress Energy slid 34 cents to $39.39 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV